Gambling Addiction Treatment
Gambling Addiction Rehabilitation Centre in New Delhi
What is gambling addiction?
Gambling addiction, also known as compulsive gambling is the uncontrollable urge to keep gambling despite the toll it takes on your life. Gambling means that you’re willing to risk something you value in the hope of getting something of even greater value.
Gambling can stimulate the brain’s reward system like drugs or alcohol can which leads the person to get addicted to it. If you are addicted to gambling then you might be losing bets continuously but still choosing to bet again in the hope of winning. Gambling addiction is a serious condition that might destroy your life. Some people struggle with this addiction and have found help through professional treatment. You can now get the best gambling addiction treatment in New Delhi at Ananda Care – Gambling Rehabilitation Centre in India.
Causes of gambling addiction
- People who gamble compulsively often have drug and substance abuse problems, personality disorders, and depression. It is also associated with bipolar affective disorder. All these mental health disorders make the person land into gambling.
- If any of your family members or friends gamble, there are chances that you will get yourself into gambling too.
- Gambling is common in younger and middle-aged people. Gambling at a younger age increases the risk of getting into compulsive gambling.
- Gambling is more common in men as compared to women and this pattern has been on an increase lately. More men are getting into gambling.
- Being highly competitive, a workaholic, restless, or easily bored might increase your risk of gambling addiction.
Symptoms of gambling addiction
Symptoms of gambling addiction are:
- Needing to gamble with increasing amounts of money
- Trying to control but failing
- Trying to get back the lost money
- Hiding your gambling habit from family and friends
- Gambling to escape reality and problems
- Feeling restless
- Planning on how to gamble more money
- Losing relationship and job
- Asking people to get you out of your debt
- Resorting fraud to get gambling money
There are cases when people try to control themselves and even don’t gamble for a long period but then at some point, the urge comes back. So professional help is necessary if you want to stop completely. First of all, ask your family members to help you through this situation. Denial is always a feature in compulsive gambling and it is okay to feel like that. You must realize that you have some problem and you need to stop gambling now. If you recognize your behavior from the list of symptoms, you will seek help.
Doctors and psychologists will examine you by talking to you and by checking your behavior towards everything and if you are diagnosed with compulsive gambling disorder, you will be asked to get an immediate treatment that will help you to quit gambling. You can get the best gambling addiction treatment in New Delhi, with our help. Contact Ananda Care – Gambling Rehabilitation Centre in New Delhi to get more details about the treatment and therapy sessions.
Treating gambling disorders can be slightly challenging because people live in denial for a long time. If family and friends force the person into treatment, he finds himself resisting treatment. But treating gambling disorder will help you to regain a sense of control and will help you fix your broken relationships and finances. You can get the best gambling disorder treatment in New Delhi. We use the following approaches to treat gambling disorders:
- Medications– mood stabilizers and antidepressants are preferred in treating gambling addiction. These are effective and help to control symptoms and will also help if the addict is also addicted to drugs or any substance. But medication is only given under the supervision of our professional doctors and psychologists.
- Self-help groups– some people feel like talking to people can make them feel better. Self-help groups are also helpful and are considered a part of the treatment process. You can ask your mental health professional to make you join groups. You will be able to open yourself up with others and you will learn some coping mechanisms on how to communicate with others. You will be able to set up long-term goals for yourself.
Treatment also includes outpatient and inpatient programs, depending on your needs and resources, treatment for drug/substance, alcohol addiction and depression/anxiety is also a part of gambling disorder treatment in India. Get the best gambling addiction treatment in India at the best gambling rehabilitation centre in New Delhi.
Best Gambling De-Addiction Centre in New Delhi
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Gambling addiction is linked to a range of serious personal and social harms like depression and suicide, bankruptcy, breakup, domestic abuse, fraud, or homelessness. These effects can be devastating to a person and his family.
Gambling addicts cannot stop gambling, unlike drug addicts who can quit at some point in their life. This is because a gambler’s mind works differently and he needs proper treatment to get out of gambling. Our rehab centre gives out the best treatment for gambling addiction in New Delhi.
Pathological gamblers might lie, cheat and even steal to continue their betting. Deception constitutes a real part of the mental health disorder known as addiction. Treatment becomes necessary in such a case.
- Convince your partner to get treatment
- Do not make any threats
- Focus on the issue, not the behavior
- Follow through on every point you make
- Be assertive
There are three types of gambler, the professional gambler, the social gambler, and the problem gambler. Be aware that the problem gambler will often believe themselves to be a professional gamblers.
Gambling Addiction Treatment in New Delhi – Gambling Rehab
Gambling Rehabilitation Centre in New Delhi – Best Treatment for Gambling Addiction at our Gambling De-Addiction Center in New Delhi, India.